Monday, September 3, 2012

God, Do You Really Have Me?



God you can have me…
Yes! you can have me but don’t ask me to change my behavior,
You can have me but you will have no input in my decision making process,
You can have me but not my money,
You can have me but please don’t interfere with how I do business,
The company I keep is none of your business too,
How I talk should least concern you, what I eat or drink is at my pleasure,
Even if my thinking stinks please do excuse me…..
For though I proclaim Christ as Lord, I am the master of my own life,
I try harder, I manipulate, I am in charge.

God, do you really have me????

1This is the word that came to Jeremiah from the Lord: 2“Go down to the potter’s house, and there I will give you my message.” 3So I went down to the potter’s house, and I saw him working at the wheel. 4But the pot he was shaping from the clay was marred in his hands; so the potter formed it into another pot, shaping it as seemed best to him.
5Then the word of the Lord came to me: 6“O house of Israel, can I not do with you as this potter does?” declares the Lord.

 It’s like we have mastered what I would call relational survival mechanism that outlines areas in which God is allowed to meddle and have set boundaries for our relationship with Him. Such a survival mechanism has become a hindrance in our spiritual development and does not allow God to work in us so that we experience the full joy of salvation. 

This lack of surrender breeds uncommitted and immature believers, Christians whose impact cannot be felt, who call Jesus Lord but in actual sense they are the masters of their own life.

We like clay in the hands of the potter should surrender to God and allow Him to have us, shape us and make out us the vessel He wants us to be.

Does God really have you?

No comments: